We designed our Feadán <Fa-don> pen range. Hence, routine writing tasks become infinitely more enjoyable; utilising a simple and minimalist form, we pay homage to the beauty of the wood we craft from; the wood's utterly original character gives certainty that each Feadán is unique. Feadán is the Irish word for tube, and the shape and function of a tube is to allow unfettered movement within it; a Feadán is a tactile conduit enabling the unfettered flow of feelings to paper for the intimate writing task that is anything but routine when words and emotion are so expressive that they need to be shared as has always been the way in Irish literary heritage, holding a pen made from wood grown in Ireland is a beautiful way to connect with that heritage.
Spalted Irish Beech gives us beautiful wood with unique colours and grain. Our Spalted beech comes from the famous Farnham Estate in Co. Cavan. We select the wood with the most interesting grain to craft our pens from. No other pen in the world is exactly like yours!
The tubular design is very tactile; holding the pen has a playfulness to it, and lining up the wood grain each time the cap is posted is fun and addictive.
Laying or standing on a desk, resting on a notepad at a meeting, the Feadán will be noticed, but as with all good design, form must follow function. Hence, we installed an all-Swiss-made rollerball refill, which is available in all good stationery shops or online.
We also make this pen as a FOUNTAIN PEN click for a look
As a personal, corporate or club gift, no other pen in the world is exactly like yours!
Sustainability is high on everyone’s agenda; by using one of our handmade pens and only replacing the refill, you help the environment by not contributing to the BILLIONS of plastic biros that go to landfills every year.
Please give one of our fountain pens with our ink pump; the only thing you don't use is the empty glass ink bottle that is recycled; how green is that!
At a time when individuality is becoming increasingly rare, we can engrave the pen for you.
- All Swiss-made rollerball refill.
- Pen length 145mm or 5.7 inches capped 127mm or 5 inches uncapped
- Pen weight 44gm or 1.55oz capped 30gm or 1 ounce uncapped
- If you have any questions about this range or any of our pens, don't hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org any time.
Solid oak pen box upgrade
Presenting a high-quality handmade writing pen for an extraordinary occasion?
Enhance your pen gift with an exceptional pen box. Our clients worldwide have asked us for a wooden gift/presentation box for our pens; as Rosewood is a protected species, we collaborated with a local expert cabinetmaker to craft a solid Irish Oak pen box. Oak, the "King of the forest", was the obvious choice for us as it represents Ireland’s qualities. Like our wooden pens, each box is as unique as your fingerprints.
- Box Facts:
- Solid Oak
- Suitable for one or two pens
- Oak pen rests
- Engrave the inner lid with your personal message
- Add a logo to the inner lid
- We can also engrave the top of the box; contact us to discuss your requirements
- 180mm long | 70mm wide | 50mm high | 220 gm | baize fabric lined base | antique brass hinge
- The box is wrapped in branded tissue paper and then wrapped in a recyclable card to protect it during shipping. This is a 100% environmental option for that exceptional pen gift box.
The pen pictured was handmade by us; your pen will be of the same wood; as no two wood pieces are the same, your certainty is that your pen will be unique. Like the pen pictured, we will select the most interesting wood to craft your pen from. It takes us about 3 days to craft a pen.